The People's Lottery Rules
The game rules for The People's Lottery can be found below:
Section 1: Introduction
· The Peoples Lottery (“the Lottery”) will be operated as a subscription based Society Lottery under the Gambling Act 2005 as amended (“the Act”)
· The Lottery is promoted by Everton FC Lotteries (licence numbers 000-030315-N-311558-006 and 000-030315-R-321278-004 conducted for the benefit of Everton in the Community.
· The Lottery is administered by Sterling Management Centre Limited (“Sterling”) Drydale House, Newton-in-Furness, Cumbria LA13 0NB acting for Societies listed from time to time as participating Societies.
· Sterling is certified as an External Lottery Manager (“ELM”) by the Gambling Commission (licence numbers 000-003137-N-103725-012 and 000-003137-R-308141-009 )
· These Rules apply to playing members of the Lottery.
Section 2: Definitions
“Act” The Gambling Act 2005
“BACs” The organisation with responsibility for the settlement of UK automated payment systems, including direct debits.
“Lottery” The Peoples Lottery
“Draw” The process by which winners are selected
“Sterling” Sterling Management Centre Limited
“Member” An individual who has registered with the Lottery
“Rules” The rules of the Peoples Lottery as set out below and amended from time to time
“Chance” Each individual Game Number entered into the Lottery on behalf of a Member.
“Society” The good cause(s) or charity (ies) which participate and promote the Lottery from time to time
“Promoter” The registered promoter of the lottery for the Society which introduced a Member or in support of whose objects the Member has joined the Lottery.
“Game Number” The six digit number unique to each Member used to identify individual Chances which are entered into the Lottery.
“Winning Number” The number as detailed in Rule 6.1.
2.1 Entry into the Peoples Lottery
The Lottery is promoted in accordance with the Gambling Act 2005 as amended (“the Act”). In order to comply with the Act and to purchase Chances you will be required to confirm that
· You are at least 18 years of age
· You are resident in Great Britain.
· You will not buy or claim to buy Chances on behalf of any other person
2.2 If, upon winning any prize in the Lottery, you are not able to prove that you have met the criteria specified in Rules 2.1 (a), (b) and (c) above then you will not be entitled to receive that prize.
2.3 In order to comply with the Act Chances that have been purchased and entered into the correct Draw cannot be refunded.
2.4 By entering into the Lottery you agree to be bound by these Rules, and the applicable provisions of the Act and/or any relevant regulations made thereunder from time to time.
2.5 Everton FC Lotteries shall not be liable for any loss or damage (including loss of the opportunity to enter the Lottery and / or the right to receive a prize) suffered by you if you have not complied with the Rules.
2.6 The Rules may be amended by Everton FC Lotteries from time to time and any changes will be notified to you.
3. Registration with the Lottery
3.1 You can only enter the Lottery by the completion of a valid application form which may be published in a variety of forms from time to time.
3.2 A valid registration is one which includes the following information together with the information set out in clauses 3.3 and 3.4 below:
· (a) Your name and address, so that we can write to you to confirm your entry into the lottery and contact you if you have won a prize.
· (b) Confirmation that you are over 18 years of age (in order to ensure compliance with the Act).
· (c) The number of Chances in the Lottery you wish to purchase
3.3 You will also be asked to provide the following information:
· (a) Your contact telephone number.
· (b) Your date of birth
· (c) Your mobile phone number
· (d) Your e-mail address
3.4 You will also be required to provide payment information relating to the purchase of your Chances. Payment may be made via the following methods and the relevant information which you must provide will vary depending upon the payment method.
· (a) Direct Debit
· (i) Information required will include your bank or building society details together with an instruction to such bank or building society to make payments by Direct Debit.
· (b) Cheque
· (i) A completed signed and dated cheque would be required when you register. Post-dated cheques will not be accepted.
· (c) Debit Card
· (i) Information required will include card number, expiry date and card security number.
· (d) Any other payment method made available by Everton FC Lotteries from time to time
· (i) The information required will depend upon the payment method
3.5 Everton FC Lotteries shall be entitled to take any steps necessary to verify the above information and to process your registration. Everton FC Lotteries may (in its absolute discretion) refuse to accept an application for an individual to become a Member of the Lottery.
3.6 Following registration Everton FC Lotteries will send you confirmation of your entry to the Lottery. If you have chosen to pay by Direct Debit you will also receive an Advance Notification Letter.
3.7 The confirmation will specify your Game Number(s) and the first collection date under the direct debit and will confirm your name, address and any other details provided to Everton FC Lotteries as part of your registration.
3.8 It is your responsibility to ensure that the personal information you provide to us is accurate and Everton FC Lotteries cannot be held liable for any error.
3.9 If you discover any error in your name, address or any other details provided to Everton FC Lotteries as part of your registration when you receive your confirmation then you must correct this by notifying Everton FC Lotteries in writing or by e-mail. Everton FC Lotteries will make any required corrections as soon as reasonably possible. Everton FC Lotteries shall not be liable for any loss or damage (including loss of the opportunity to enter the Lottery and / or the right to receive a prize) suffered by you until such correction has been made. Any correction notified to Everton FC Lotteries shall only become effective once the correction has been made.
3.10 Each Game Number is unique. A randomly selected Game Number will be issued to you with your confirmation of entry. You may subsequently request an alternative Game Number if you wish at any time and this will be issued to you providing that it has not already been allocated to an existing Member.
4.1 Payment for Chances may be made by the following methods as more particularly set out in clause 3:
· (a) Direct Debit
· (b) Cheque
· (c) Debit Card
· Any other method made available by Everton FC Lotteries from time to time
· Payment for Chances are made directly to Everton FC Lotteries. Therefore
· (a) Direct Debit payments will be referenced as either Sterling or Clubdraw on your bank statement.
· (b) Cheques must be made payable to Everton FC Lotteries.
· (c) Debit Card payments will be referenced as Charity Payment or Clubdraw on your card statement.
· (d) Any other method made available by Everton FC Lotteries from time to time would also be referenced as or be payable to Sterling or Clubdraw on any appropriate documentation.
4.3 The price for each Chance is £2 or such other sum as Everton FC Lotteries may from time to time notify to you.
4.4 Your Chances and therefore associated Game Number(s) will not be entered into the Draw unless Everton FC Lotteries has received all amounts payable (cleared funds) relating to your Game Numbers by 5:00pm on the Thursday of that week’s Draw. If there is a dispute regarding whether Chances have been paid for then such dispute shall be resolved by reference to payment details and records held by Everton FC Lotteries bankers and BACs.
4.4.1 Chances paid for by Direct Debit payments will be entered into the first available Draw taking place after the third working days after the Direct Debit collection has been made from your bank account.
You may cancel your membership of the Lottery at any time by notifying Everton FC Lotteries in writing or by e-mail (or via any other methods notified to you by Everton FC Lotteries from time to time). Upon receipt of this notice Everton FC Lotteries will;
· Cancel future payments as soon as is reasonably practicable.
· Any payments made prior to such cancellation taking effect but which have not been used to pay for Chances in previous Draws will be used to pay for entry for your Chances into future Draws after which your membership of the lottery will be cancelled.
Everton FC Lotteries may cancel your entry into the Lottery (in its absolute discretion) at any time. Everton FC Lotteries will notify you accordingly as soon as reasonably practicable and will reimburse any amounts which have been paid but which relate to future Draws. Other than the reimbursement of any such amounts, Everton FC Lotteries shall not be liable for any loss or damage (including loss of the opportunity to enter the Lottery and / or the right to receive a prize) suffered by you in relation to such cancellation.
All customer funds for use in future lottery entries paid to the Lottery are held in trustee status to maintain a separation from Sterling Management Centre’s own trading income to protect those funds in the event of insolvency.
5. Changes to Member Details
5.1 Any changes to your details should be notified to Everton FC Lotteries in writing or by e-mail as soon as practicable. Changes to the bank or building society specified during registration may require the completion of a new Direct Debit Instruction. Further information regarding this can be obtained from Everton FC Lotteries upon request.
5.2 Everton FC Lotteries cannot be held liable for any losses occasioned as a result of your failing to comply with clause 5.1.
6.1 The Draw process is based upon the results of the Australian National Lottery Super66 game, as published on the Lottery West website (www.lotterywest.wa.gov.au).
The Winning Number for each weekly Draw shall be the winning six digit number generated in the Australian National Lottery Super66 draw which takes place on Saturday.
6.2 In order to comply with the Act only those Chances for which payment has been received are eligible for entry into the Draw.
· In the event that the Super66 draw as described in Rule 6.1 does not occur or is declared void then the Winning Number shall be determined by reference to an alternative lottery
game selected at the discretion of Everton FC Lotteries. Details of such an occurrence will be published on the Lottery website.
6.4 On the happening of any event which prevents a Winning Number being selected then Everton FC Lotteries reserves the right at its discretion to select an alternative Draw process. Such changes will be published on the Lottery website.
6.5 For the avoidance of doubt Everton FC Lotteries and the Lottery are not related in any way to the Australian National Lottery.
· The winning probabilities are summarised in the table below
Six Number Match 1 in 1,000,000
Five Number Match 1 in 18,518
Four Number Match 1 in 823
Three Number Match 1 in 69
· Prize-winners will be determined by whether a Members Game Number relating to a Chance in the Lottery matches all or some of the Winning Number as described in Rule 6.1
· If all six digits of the Game Number match the Winning Number and their positions then this is a “6 Number Match”.
· If five digits of the Game Number match five digits of the Winning Number and their positions in the Game Number match their positions in the Winning Number then this is a “5 Number Match”
· If four digits of the Game Number match four digits of the Winning Number and their positions match then this is a “4 Number Match”
· If three digits of the Game Number match three digits of the Winning Number and their positions match then this is a “3 Number Match”
· A further guaranteed prize will be awarded on the last draw of each month.
7.2 Prizes are issued as follows:
· (a) For a 6 Number Match the prize will be £25,000
· (b) For a 5 Number Match the prize will be £1,000.
· (c) For a 4 Number Match the prize will be £25.
· (d) For a 3 Number Match the prize will be £5.
· (e) Guaranteed prize awarded on the last draw of each month as advertised.
7.3 Everton FC Lotteries reserves the right to amend the prizes at any time. Any such changes will be published on the official club website www.evertonfc.com/lotteries at least one month prior to a change being made.
7.4 Each Game Number shall only be entitled to win one prize in one Draw. The prize won will relate to the highest Number Match to which the Game Number matches.
7.5 The results of each Draw will be published on the Lottery website within one week of the date of the Draw and may also be published in any other manner determined by Everton FC Lotteries from time to time.
7.6 The winning Member will be notified by post within two weeks of the date of the Draw. Such notification will be accompanied by a cheque to the value of the prize won made payable to the Member. Cheques cannot be made payable to any other person or organisation.
7.7 On the last Saturday of every month an additional draw will take place to win £250, two match tickets to a league game at Goodison Park, Everton 3rd Shirt.
7.8 Everton FC Lotteries reserves the right to withhold the payment of any prize until it is entirely satisfied that the Member who has won the prize has fully complied with the Rules.
7.9 If, upon winning any prize in the Lottery, you are not able to prove that you have met the criteria specified in Rules 2.1 (a), (b) and (c) above then you will not be entitled to receive that prize.
7.10 There are no alternatives to the prizes offered from time to time and no interest is payable.
· Any unclaimed prizes will be re-credited to the Peoples Lottery main account after a period of six months from the Draw date has elapsed and will be forfeited.
7.12 Any unclaimed donations will be re-credited to the Peoples Lottery main account after a period of one month from the Draw date has elapsed and will be forfeited.
8. Suspension of the Lottery
· Everton FC Lotteries may (at its absolute discretion) suspend the Lottery for any period of time. During such period, Everton FC Lotteries shall:
· Suspend Direct Debit payments from your bank or building society account as soon as reasonably practicable, and;
· Retain any amounts which were paid prior to such suspension taking effect that have not been used to pay for Chances in previous Draws.
You will be notified of further details regarding the resumption of the lottery or otherwise as soon as reasonably practicable after the date of suspension in writing.
9.1 Neither Sterling nor Everton FC Lotteries shall be liable to you for any loss or damage suffered by you arising from:
1. (a) Any delays or failures in the postal service or other delivery methods used by Everton FC Lotteries or Sterling or you from time to time.
2. (b) Any delays or failures in any systems used by Everton FC Lotteries or Sterling or you to transmit e-mails.
3. (c) Any failure in any software or other systems used by Everton FC Lotteries or Sterling for the administration of the Lottery.
4. (d) Any delays of failures in the banking system used by Everton FC Lotteries or Sterling or you.
5. (e) Any refusal by Everton FC Lotteries or Sterling to accept registration of an individual as a Member or the cancellation of a Member by Everton FC Lotteries or Sterling.
6. (f) Any failure to enter your Chance into the Draw.
7. (g) Any event beyond the reasonable control of Everton FC Lotteries or Sterling.
8. (h) Any other action or event which prevents or hinders Everton FC Lotteries or Sterling from fulfilling its administrative objectives.
9.2 Neither Sterling nor Everton FC Lotteries shall be liable to you in contract, tort, negligence or otherwise for any indirect or consequential loss suffered by you in relation to your participation in the Lottery (including loss of the opportunity to enter the Lottery and / or the chance of winning a prize).
10. Self Exclusion
· Should you feel that you have issues with gambling and wish to be self excluded from the Lottery please phone our helpline number and request a self exclusion form
· There is a minimum period of 6 months self exclusion.
· Everton FC Lotteries will not target you with any marketing material during the self exclusion period and will remove your name and details from any marketing databases used by Everton FC Lotteries.
· You will need to contact Everton FC Lotteries after your period of self exclusion to re-instate your membership of the Lottery.
· If you need to talk to someone about problem gambling then please contact Gamble Aware. Gamble Aware is a registered charity that provides confidential telephone support and counselling to anyone who is affected by problem gambling. Gamble Aware can be contacted on 0808 8020 133 (Freephone).
11.1 Any complaints relating to the Lottery should be sent in writing to Everton FC Lotteries, giving full details of the complaint and supporting documentation.
11.2 A copy of your complaint will be sent to Sterling
11.3 Save as provided for in this Agreement the Promoter shall make the final decision on the complaint pursuant to the Rules and that decision shall be final and binding.
11.4 Save where the Rules expressly provide otherwise, the Promoter shall not be obliged to enter into any correspondence.
11.5 If a satisfactory resolution can not be reached then the matter can be referred to an alternative dispute resolution (ADR) entity. We use IBAS (Independent Betting Adjudication Service) for this purpose; IBAS are on the Gambling Commission’s approved ADR list. Their contact details are – www.ibas-uk.com PO Box 62639, London, EC3P 3AS. Telephone 0207 347 5883, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org . This service is free of charge.
12.1 Everton in the Community (“EitC”) are the Data Controller of your personal data collected through Everton Lotteries. This means EitC determine what data is collected and how this is used, including which other organisations are involved with the processing. EitC are committed to compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation and Data Protection Act 2018.
12.2 The personal data collected about you is processed for the purpose of conducting the Lottery; this is necessary for the performance of a contract.
12.3 Everton Football Club Company Ltd provide administrative support to Everton FC Lotteries. This includes managing the lottery subscribers data. As part of this process and as a result of the affiliation between Everton Football Club and Everton in the Community, personal data will be shared with Everton Football Club Company Limited for:
· Personalising your lottery experience – for example ensuring that you do not receive promotions to join the lottery if you are already subscribed
· Lottery subscriber profiling – this is understanding who plays the lottery and how we can we can increase players
· Associating Lottery players with Everton Football Club supporters
· Managing marketing activities for Everton FC Lotteries.
12.4 For further information about how your data is used and your information rights, please see the EitC Lottery Privacy Notice available from available from - https://www.evertonfc.com/content/privacy
13. Contact Address
All correspondence should be sent to the following address: The Peoples Lottery, 23 Goodison Road, Liverpool, L4 4EH.
Tel: 0151 319 4070 Email: email@example.com