Everton Men's Senior Team Coach Steve Stone sat down with evertontv to plot the Blues' progression in pre-season so far - and discuss plans for the coming weeks ahead of the beginning of the competitive 2023/24 campaign.
The former winger, who amassed 263 Premier League appearances and nine England caps during his playing career, arrived at the Club as part of manager Sean Dyche's backroom staff in late January.
After successfully helping to steer the Blues away from relegation last term, Stone, along with Dyche and Assistant Manager Ian Woan, are currently in the midst of their first pre-season with Everton's squad.
Watch Stone's exclusive evertontv interview above to hear him discuss:
- The progress of Everton's pre-season so far
- The benefits of the Blues' training camp in Lake Geneva
- Aim to be among the fittest teams in the Premier League for 2023/24
- Getting to know players and staff on a personal level
- Building confidence in the group
- Details of 'Gaffer's Day'
- Transitioning to technical and tactical details as pre-season progresses
- Pride of working for Everton and a "different environment" to any previously experienced
- Working with the Club's Insight team to analyse the second half of 2022/23
- Passion for coaching and improving the Blues' young talents, such as James Garner, Jarrad Branthwaite, Dwight McNeil and others
- The dynamic and working relationship that exists between himself and Assistant Manager Woan
- Identifying key areas to improve