The installation of the second roof truss on the north stand at Everton Stadium has commenced.
The first section was hoisted into place earlier this week in the north west corner of the development.
Each of the five completed trusses – two in the smaller north stand and three in the one-tier south stand – comprises of three individual sections, each weighing around 100 tonnes.
Each truss initially rests on temporary support trestles built into the stand and the completed trusses will have clear spans of between 150 and 175 metres, once the trestles are removed.
The depth of the trusses varies between four metres deep at the supports, to around 11.5m at mid-span.
Meanwhile, the purlins continue to be slotted into the roof trusses at both ends of the stadium, to strengthen the structure and form the skeleton of the roof.
Work will also commence soon on the next phase towards recommissioning the hydraulic tower.
The Grade II listed Tower and adjoining Engine Room, built in 1883 and an integral part of daily life during the dock’s heyday, will eventually feature in the fan plaza that will provide a jaw-dropping entrance to the stadium site for fans.
The tower has been clad in scaffolding from early in the build process, to protect it from vibrations caused by the compacting of the sand used to infill the former dock and provide the foundations for the stadium.