Everton Season Ticket Members will be able to use contactless technology on their mobile phone to gain entry to Goodison Park for the 2021/22 season.
Supporters will be able to store their Season Ticket – and the Season Tickets of others in their party – using either Apple Wallet or Google Pay on their device.
The process, which is almost identical to purchasing goods with a contactless bank card, is a simple one.
This digital solution will support our commitment to the environment through the Everton for Change initiative.
Watch the video above - and find our six-step guide below.
1. You will receive an email from us this week, containing a link to download your Season Ticket.
Please ensure we have up-to-date contact details for you on our system. If you need to update your email address, log into your evertonfc.com account and head to the 'Personal Details' tab.
2. Use the mobile phone you intend to use on matchday and click the link on the email. Follow the on-screen instructions to download your Season Ticket to your Apple Wallet (for Apple devices) or Google Pay (for Android devices).
Important: Your ticket MUST be downloaded into your wallet (Apple) or Google Pay (Android) in order to work with the entry system at Goodison. A screenshot of your digital ticket or the email confirming your digital ticket WILL NOT allow you access to the stadium.
3. Multiple Season Tickets can be downloaded to one device, if you wish. To do so, simply repeat step two.
3b. Android only – if you have an Apple device, skip to step 4. If you have an Android device, ensure NFC – the technology behind contactless entry – is switched on. To do so, simply head to Google Pay, then Settings, then Contactless setup. Here, make sure NFC is switched on and Google Pay is set as your default payment.
4. Your ticket is now loaded for the 2021/22 season. Don't forget to charge your phone before heading to Goodison Park.
5. Once at the stadium, open Apple Wallet or Google Pay on your phone before joining the queue for the turnstiles. Ensure you do not have any bank or other contactless cards at the back of your phone case.
If you have multiple Season Tickets on one device, simply swipe left and right to switch between tickets.
6. To gain access, simply hold your phone close to the contactless reader on top of the turnstile. If you have multiple tickets on one device, remember to scan them at the turnstile one at a time.
The light will turn green for a valid Adult ticket and amber for Concessions or Junior tickets. If the light turns red, or you are unable to enter, a steward will be designated to each turnstile to help with any issues.
Goodison To Host To Open Days For Digital Season Ticket Members
Everton will host an open day at Goodison Park for Season Ticket Members wishing to trial the new digital process of entering the stadium.
Turnstiles 1 and 2 - entrances to the Family Enclosure - will be open to allow supporters to use the contactless technology on their mobile devices, as they would on a matchday.
The session will take place on Thursday 12 August, 2pm-6pm.