Carlo Ancelotti has revealed Lucas Digne will be fit to make his Everton return in Saturday’s FA Cup tie against Rotherham United (12pm GMT) – but Blues attacking pair Dominic Calvert-Lewin and Richarlison will not play in the Goodison Park clash.
Left-back Digne has been out since November, having undergone ankle ligament surgery but is in line to feature against Rotherham after making a swift recovery.
James Rodriguez is available to make his first Everton start since the 1-1 draw at Burnley on 5 December. The Colombian played the final 26 minutes of the Blues’ Premier League clash with West Ham United last week after a period out with a calf injury.
Alex Iwobi is also fit after missing the Hammers game with a knock.
Midfield trio Fabian Delph (hamstring), Jean-Phillippe Gbamin (Achilles) and Allan (hamstring) remain unavailable for Everton.
As well as Richarlison and Calvert-Lewin, Ancelotti added Jonjoe Kenny and Jordan Pickford will not be involved against Rotherham.
“Some players are injured, some are going to have a rest,” said Ancelotti.
Ancelotti confirmed striker Cenk Tosun will start Saturday’s match and Ben Godfrey will begin the game at centre-back.
The Everton boss added France international Digne’s speedy rehabilitation from ankle surgery is testament to the Frenchman's professionalism and the expertise of the Blues’ medical team.
Ancelotti also revealed the Club is “really close” to agreeing a new contract with Digne.
“Lucas Digne is back, he is fit,” said Ancelotti.
“His recovery was really fast.
“He has trained all week with us and he is in good condition. He can play on Saturday.
"The medical staff and him did a fantastic job.
“We know Lucas is a top professional. I think the surgery was good and the rehab was really good.
“It was unbelievable to see him back so early and training as usual."