What The Papers Say - 27 August

The views on this page are taken from the local and national media and do not necessarily reflect the views of Everton.

Tuesday’s Liverpool Echo suggests Everton striker Cenk Tosun is set to stay at Goodison Park, despite being linked with a number of European clubs.

The local read highlights a report from media outlet Turkish-Football that claims the forward “remains happy at Everton where he has settled with his wife and newly-born son”.

The Daily Star reports Everton midfielder Jean-Philippe Gbamin could be sidelined for the next three months with a muscle injury.

The 23-year-old Ivory Coast international signed for the Blues from Bundesliga team FSV Mainz earlier this month.

Back to the Echo, and the paper carries quotes from Everton Under-23s forward Anthony Gordon, who says he is relishing the chance to test himself against senior opposition when the young Blues take on League Two side Mansfield Town on Tuesday night.

“It will be good to see how we match up against more experienced players – players who have played a lot of senior football in their careers,” he said.

“It is the physical aspect [that is one of the most important]. It will be a very good test for all of us.”

Related Articles

Loading