Marcel Brands has spoken exclusively to evertontv about the summer transfer window – and revealed the untold stories around every signing the Club made in advance of 2019/20.
The frank and wide-ranging interview with Everton Director of Football Brands is available now to Season Ticket, Lounge and Official Members by clicking on the video above or here.
The Dutchman, who joined Everton in May 2018 following eight successful years in the same position with PSV Eindhoven, addresses a host of topics.
Listen to Brands on:
- Persevering to complete a deal for Moise Kean – after trying to loan the teenage Italy international striker in the previous transfer window.
- Visiting Fabian Delph at home after reaching agreement for a deal with Manchester City and delivering the compelling and detailed sales pitch which convinced the England midfielder to move to Goodison.
- How Evertonians played a key role in bringing Andre Gomes back to Goodison.
- Why Marco Silva’s coaching prowess is a huge selling point for the Club.
- Everton’s summer pursuit of a centre-back.
- Signing Jean-Philippe Gbamin three years after first trying to land the midfielder during his time at PSV.
- Concluding a late deal for major target Alex Iwobi.
- The ongoing dialogue between Manager and Director of Football – and working with Silva on targets.
- Signing a World Cup-winning right-back – and a promise made to Jonjoe Kenny.
- The exhaustive process involved in identifying transfer targets.
- The impact Everton's new Bramley-Moore Dock stadium will have on the Club’s growth.
- Having a responsibility to spend the Club’s money wisely and make the numbers add up.
- The long-term objective of achieving stability at the Club.
- Ensuring the pathway from Academy to first team remains open.
- Choosing the right loan clubs for Everton’s talented young players – and the ‘loan group’ which monitors their progress.
- Everton being on the 'right track' for a very bright future.
Watch Brands's exclusive interview NOW on evertontv, with two separate videos available as part of our new tiered membership system:
And the full, comprehensive and fascinating interview is available to Season Ticket, Lounge and Official Members by clicking the video above... or here.
As well as exclusive content, an Official Membership comes with a host of other great benefits, including live streams of Under-23s and Under-18s games, priority ticket access for home league and cup matches, retails discounts on Club merchandise, a new and improved welcome pack and more.
Prices have been frozen in all categories so Adult and International Memberships will remain at £30 each, with Teens at £15, Juniors at £10 and Infants costing just £5 for the whole season.
Click here to become an Official Member and start your access to all of these benefits today.
This video is for Season Ticket Holders and Official Members
This video is available for free to Digital Members
Free Digital Membership will provide you with the best possible experience when logged into the website, including access to the latest digital content.
Digital members will receive a monthly newsletter and get access to exclusive videos and regular member competitions offering money can’t buy prizes.
Your Digital account will also enable you to buy any tickets on general sale, and if you’re an Official member or Season Ticket Holder, the same login will allow you to access and manage your ticketing account.
To view this content you need to be a Season Ticket Holder or Official Member.
BRANDS: WHY EVERTONIANS ARE A HUGE HELP IN TRANSFERS