What The Papers Say – July 29

The views on this page are taken from the local and national media and do not necessarily reflect the views of Everton.

Monday’s Daily Express says Crystal Palace have turned down an initial £55million bid from Everton for Wilfried Zaha.

Ivory Coast forward Zaha is said to be one of Blues manager Marco Silva’s primary targets and the paper claims it will take a one-off £60m payment to prise the 26-year-old flyer from Selhurst Park.

The Daily Mail links Everton with a £40m move for Chelsea's France international midfielder Tiemoue Bakayoko. Former Monaco player Bakayoko joined Chelsea in summer 2017 and spent last season on loan with AC Milan.

The Daily Star is one of a number of papers suggesting Blues midfielder Idrissa Gana Gueye is in France for a medical in advance of completing a transfer to Paris Saint-Germain.

Gana will reportedly cost the Ligue 1 club £28m, earning Everton a profit of more than £20m on the player they signed from Aston Villa three years ago.

Sky Sports reckons Everton have entered talks with Juventus over a potential deal for Moise Kean.

Speculation over a Goodison Park move has followed the teenage striker all summer and it is suggested Juve want £36m and a buy-back clause in any agreement for Kean.

Reports in Germany say Everton will bid for Mainz’s Ivory Coast international midfielder Jean-Philippe Gbamin.

Gbamin, who is also comfortable at centre-half, spent three years with French team Lens before switching to Mainz in 2016.

The Liverpool Echo breaks down all the key details over Everton’s proposed new stadium at Bramley-Moore Dock.

Designs for the 52,000-capacity arena were unveiled by architect Dan Meis at a fans’ event last week.

Related Articles

Loading