Sunday 11 February 16:00 , Grange Park , Attendance:
HT: 0 - 2
  • KO
    • Goal!
      Kathrine Kühl
    • Goal!
      Martina Piemonte
    • Yellow Card!
      Sophie Domingo
  • HT
    • Goal!
      Charlotte Greengrass
    • Goal!
      Justine Vanhaevermaet
    • Substitution
    • Substitution
    • Own Goal!
      Emily Batty
    • Substitution
    • Substitution
    • Substitution
    • Substitution
    • Yellow Card!
      Ella Haughey
    • Goal!
      Emma Bissell
    • Substitution
    • Goal!
      Toni Duggan
    • Goal!
      Hanna Bennison
  • FT

There is no live blog yet available, please come back at a later time to see the match blog

No Match Data

No Match Data

There is no statistical data available for this game. Comprehensive data is not available for Ladies fixtures. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

Everton progressed to the quarter-finals of the Women’s FA Cup with a 7-1 victory over Nottingham Forest at Grange Park.

Kathrine Kühl opened the scoring with an audacious lob to net her first goal for the club, whilst Martina Piemonte doubled the Blues’ lead with a bullet header before half-time.

Charlotte Greengrass got one back for Forest immediately after the interval, but Justine Vanhaevermaet restored the Toffees’ two-goal lead with a point-blank header on 52 minutes.

Kühl forced a fourth in deep into the second-half as her curling strike rebounded off the upright against the ‘keeper and rolled into the bottom corner.

Emma Bissell then nodded in her first goal for the Club, as Toni Duggan and Hanna Bennison rounded off a convincing win for the Toffees.

Brian Sørensen made three changes to the side that was defeated 3-0 by Chelsea in the Women’s Super League. Bissell, Lucy Hope and Katja Snoeijs came into the starting eleven to face the Nottingham outfit.

The hosts threatened early, as Holly Manders flashed a shot wide of the mark with three minutes on the clock.

Five minutes later, Louanne Worsey squandered a golden opportunity for Carly Davies’ side, firing the ball over the crossbar from close-range after a lofted cross into the area caused chaos.

The Toffees responded immediately but were denied by the outstretched leg of Emily Batty. Aurora Galli played in Snoeijs in a central position, but the Netherlands international failed to beat the shot-stopper who came to her side’s rescue.

Kühl broke the deadlock on 23 minutes with a sublime chip that flew over the head of Batty. The 20-year-old dispossessed Lyndsey Harkin in a dangerous area and kept composure to loft the ball over the outrushing goalkeeper.

Piemonte doubled Everton’s lead on 34 minutes with a powerful header. Elise Stenevik whipped in an enticing corner that was met by the head of the Italian striker at the front-post. The net bulged and the travelling fans cheered, as the Toffees entered a comfortable lead.

It was almost three on the stroke of half-time as Hope burst down the right flank and sent an inviting low-cross into the six-yard box. It fell to Bissell at the back-post, who failed to control the ball and subsequently convert.

Forest halved the deficit two minutes after the interval as Greengrass poked the ball past Courtney Brosnan. The striker was played in by Sophie Domingo, who picked up the ball centrally and released the forward in-on-goal.

Everton’s two-goal lead was restored six minutes later though, as Vanhaevermaet nodded the ball in following another successful set-piece. It was Kühl who provided the cross on this occasion, with the Belgian on hand to head home in-front of the away fans.

Snoeijs was inches away from adding a fourth, but saw her deflected effort sail past the post after a great interchange with Duggan provided the 27-year-old with a shooting opportunity from the edge of the box.

It was four after 74 minutes as Kühl wheeled away in celebration once more. The Dane curled an effort off the post where a fortunate rebound off Batty saw the ball creep over the line.

Bissell capped off an impressive display by getting on the scoresheet with six minutes remaining. Substitute, Karoline Olesen crossed from the right, where Bissell was perfectly positioned to head home.

Olesen was in the thick of the action moments later as the referee pointed to the spot after a late sliding challenge prevented the youngster from pulling the trigger. Duggan converted from the spot on 88 minutes, the English forward denied a goal a minute prior during the penalty incident as the referee's whistle had already been blown when her venomous strike hit the back of the net.

Bennison got in on the act in the fourth minute of additional time after coming on as a substitute. The midfielder rifled the ball into the back of the net to complete the magnificent seven after being found by the dangerous Olesen.

Sørensen’s side will find out who they face in the last-eight of the competition tomorrow on BBC One’s The One Show.

The Blues return to league action on Sunday as West Ham United travel to Walton Hall Park.

By Ross Hughes

Recent scores
Recent scores