1. Why do we collect information on our website?
2. What information do we collect and record?
We use the following types of cookie:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website and purchase tickets, etc.
- Analytical/Performance Cookies: These allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users can find what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality Cookies: These are used to improve the functional performance of the website and make it easier for you to use. For example, they are used to remember that you have previously visited the website and asked to remain logged in to the website. These may collect your personal identifiable information such as customer name.
- Targeting Cookies: These cookies record your visit to our website and your browsing habits, such as the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. They are used to deliver content and messaging which is more relevant to your interests and also may be used to limit the number of times that you see content and messaging. These cookies may be placed by us or by third parties with our permission. These cookies may include a unique reference (such as an IP address) but do not otherwise contain your personal identifiable information, such as name or customer number.
Social Media: You can choose to register or login to your account using Facebook (other social media connectors may be available from time to time). If you log in with a social media account, the Club may receive information related to that account, such as your name, profile picture, location, social media activity, personality traits and interests.
When you log in with your account, you can choose which information to share with the Club. You can stop sharing information from the social media platform with us by removing our access from within that platform. You can also request that we delete the social media information we hold about you – see the Tier One (full) Privacy Notice for details of your information rights.
3. Third Party Websites
The Everton website will contain links to other websites, including Everton Direct (our retail shop) and our sponsors. Everton are not responsible for cookie settings on third party websites. Please see the Privacy or Cookie Notice on the respective third party websites for how they set cookies.
4. Children’s Information
Other than in setting up and administering an account, Everton will not use the personal data of anyone 12 or under. Parts of the website may be restricted from this age group.
Children aged 13 and over have access to the full Everton services but may be restricted from age appropriate services and advertising.
5. Where do we receive information about you from?
The information recorded by Everton is collected directly from you or an individual on your behalf, such as your family members.
6. What if you do not provide information to us?
7. Social Media
You can follow Everton Football Club through our various social media channels, such as on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube. Our social media platforms are used as a means of sharing information, videos, pictures and running competitions.
By visiting and interacting with our social media channels you agree to comply with the terms and conditions imposed by the site owners (e.g. Twitter, Facebook) with regard to age for access and appropriateness of content.
As a user of the Everton Football Club website and social media channels you agree to the imposed terms and conditions which include you agree that you will not violate any laws and regulations, including copyright, intellectual property rights and others regarding any content that you send or request.
By posting any content on any Everton Football Club social media channel or website, you grant to Everton Football Club the irrevocable right to reproduce, distribute and publish such content, in whole or part, for any purpose Everton Football Club deems appropriate.
Everton Football Club reserves the right to monitor and/or terminate your access to our social media at any time, without notice and for any reason at its sole discretion. Everton Football Club may remove any materials at its sole discretion.
8. Third Party Content and Links
This website may provide links to other websites, the content of which is not under our control. Accordingly, we cannot accept any responsibility for the content, cookies or offers for goods or services featured on such websites. Links to such websites are not to be taken as an endorsement by us of such websites or as a warranty that such websites will be free of viruses or other such items of a potentially harmful nature.
9. Accepting Cookies
Strictly necessary cookies are essentials and do not require consent.
If you choose not to accept cookies, only essentials cookies will be set.
Some parts of the website may not fully function without cookies. No non-essential cookies are set unless you choose to accept them.
You can choose to accept all cookies from the cookie acceptance banner which will appear at your first visit to the site, and each time if you have selected essential cookies only.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites, you can download the Google Analytics browser opt-out add-on, available from https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
To manage cookies relating to targeted promotional activities, you can visit www.youronlinechoices.com.
Please visit www.allaboutcookies.org for further information.
Complaints and further enquiries about the use of your information should be addressed to
Data Protection Officer
Everton Football Club
The Tier One (full) Everton Privacy Notice is available from https://www.evertonfc.com/content/privacy