The project aims to provide opportunities for females aged 11+ to take part in the sport in a local community setting. A total of 90 professional clubs run the programme and over 51,622 women and girls have been involved since the programme began in September 2013.
The programme has two main objectives:
• To increase the number of women and girls playing football on a regular basis
• To increase the opportunities for women and girls to develop skills and confidence and progress within the pathway as a player, coach or official
At Everton in the Community we deliver 12 PL Girls sessions per week.
Benefits of participating in the PL Girls project include:
• Participant-centred sessions.
• Representing Everton Football Club in multisport fixtures against other Premier League clubs.
• Opportunities to volunteer and gain qualifications.
• Opportunities win Everton Football Club merchandise and match tickets.
• Opportunities to meet players of Everton Football Club.
• Gain fitness and new skills.
• Meet new people.
• Provides pathways to community clubs.
For more information on the PL Girls project please contact Poppy Comer at email@example.com or on 0151 530 5261.