Everton in the Community have been delivering the Premier League Kicks programme for more than 10 years.
The Charity works in partnership with the Premier League Charitable Fund, Merseyside Police and Crime Commissioner to deliver more than 30 sports sessions in Merseyside each week for young people aged between 8 - 19.
The PL Kicks project has developed to include sessions in the following sports:
• Table Tennis
• Short tennis
The PL Kicks project also includes 'The Youth Zone’. The Youth Zone combines football and sport sessions with workshops on topics such as healthy lifestyles and employability ,as well as on the dangers of gang violence and drugs and alcohol.
The programme continues to reduce anti-social behaviour and crime by 75%-82% during session times around Merseyside, which is a key priority for the Crime Commissioner.
Benefits of participating in the PL Kicks project include:
• All sessions led by qualified coaches with experience of delivering in Merseyside.
• Representing Everton Football Club in Kicks fixtures against other Premier League clubs.
• Opportunities to volunteer and gain qualifications.
• Opportunities win Everton Football Club merchandise and match tickets.
• Opportunities to meet players of Everton Football Club.
• Gain fitness and new skills.
• Meet new people.
• Provides pathways to community clubs.