What is Disability Confident?
Being Disability Confident is an opportunity for employers to lead the way in their community and to discover skills and talents they cannot do without. It can help everyone fulfil their potential and contribute fully to your team’s success.
The Disability Confident scheme provides employers with:
- The confidence, skills and tools they need to help them recruit and retain disabled staff as they progress in their careers.
- Challenges misconceptions towards disability and employment increases understanding and awareness of disabilities, both visible and non-visible.
- Supports employers to make the most of the talents and insights disabled people can bring to the workforce.
Benefits to businesses include:
- Enabling you to draw from the widest possible pool of talent.
- Helping you secure high-quality staff who are skilled, loyal and hard working.
- Improving your reputation by demonstrating your commitment to fair employment practices.
Why did we become a Disability Confident employer?
Everton Football Club prides itself on being The People's Club, equality and diversity are fundamental principles at the core of the Club. We believe in equal opportunities for all and in all areas of diversity to ensure that individuals are not discriminated against.
We are committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment and our employment policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership, and pregnancy and maternity. The Everton family are proud to be a Disability Confident employer, a Living Wage employer and committed to the Autism Charter.
As part of our positive approach to disability, we are proud to participate in the disability confident scheme. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates (as defined in the 2010 Equality Act) who meet the minimum shortlisting criteria as indicated in the advertised person specification.
Further details can be found at: https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/disability-confident-campaign#disability-confident-promotional-material