In March 2020, Everton Football Club and Everton in the Community launched Blue Family; an initiative to provide vital aid and support to the most vulnerable, socially isolated and at-risk members of our community during the unprecedented Covid-19 pandemic.
The last 18 months has seen Blue Family provide life-saving support to more than 31,500 individuals and families in crisis, making more than 29,400 check-in and welfare calls, delivering in excess of 17,800 emergency food parcels, providing more than 295,000 meals for school children, charity participants and local residents and supporting almost 4,000 families with utilities and essential household items – as well as delivering bespoke support for thousands of Everton in the Community participants to ensure they continued to feel engaged and connected during difficult times.
As the country slowly returns to a less restricted way of life, we are currently working with local organisations to review and re-develop Blue Family to best meet the evolving needs of our local community and will announce plans around this new model in October.
Useful Contact Numbers
The following contact numbers are available for the general public to access support around food, fuel and mental health:
National Citizens Advice Bureau: 0344 848 7700
- Wirral Foodbank: 0151 638 7090
- North Liverpool Foodbank: 0151 226 3406
- South Sefton Foodbank: 0151 934 3055
- South Liverpool Foodbank: 07754 556170
- Knowsley Foodbank: 0151 482 6089
- St. Helens Foodbank: 01744 26414
- Runcorn & District Foodbank: 01928 577679
Support is also available through Feeding Liverpool’s network of food pantries across Liverpool City Region where members of the public can pay a small £3.50 membership charge and receive 10 items of food in return. Find out more here.
Mental Health Crisis Support
- Samaritans: 0151 116 123
- Shout: Text Shout to 85258
- National Domestic Abuse Helpline: 0808 2000 247
- SANEline: 07984967708
- Men’s Advice Line: 0808 801 0327
- Merseycare NHS Foundation: 0800 145 6570