The views in these blogs are those held by the individual blogger and do not necessarily reflect the views of Everton Football Club.
About the authorView articles
Over the past few weeks you will have seen news articles on our website and in the programme covering the various aspects of our interaction with supporters.
I've started this blog in order to explain in more detail what we are doing, why we are doing it and how you can get involved.
In December, Robert Elstone presented to the staff the Club's strategy, entitled Delivering our Goals.
The crux of this was the introduction of four main projects, covering the entire process a person goes through from becoming an Everton fan to being a regular matchgoer. In reverse order they are:
- Delivering a great matchday experience to supporters
- Ensuring that tickets for Everton games are easy to buy
- Securing as much knowledge of our fans as possible
- Creating a genuine sense of ownership and participation amongst supporters
The latter pillar is headed up by myself and Denise Barrett-Baxendale, CEO of Everton in the Community.
Our task is to assess existing methods - and look at new and innovative ways - of involving, educating and informing our fans.
As many of you will be aware, through our Everton in the Community scheme we are out and about every day achieving our mission of making people proud to be Blue, and growing the fanbase as a result.
Increasing our core of supporters is critical to the future of the Club and we believe the easiest way to achieve this is engagement with the current fanbase.
Since the project launched we have stepped up our interaction with supporters via a number of different initiatives, including:
- A relaunched fans' forum incorporating a wider representation of supporters.
- More structured dialogue with our network of supporters' clubs , with the aim of offering tangible benefits associated with being a member and thus increasing the numbers who wish to join.
- Planning a number of fans' conferences later this year
- Planning a new version of evertonfc.com which will launch this summer
- Re-introduction of Sharpy's Surgery , allowing fans direct interaction with the Club
To highlight how our closer working relationship with supporters has yielded tangible results, we recently announced details of an Everton Giants event which we believe is priced in a way that will open it up to a new layer of Evertonians who have previously been unable to experience Everton events.
Over the coming weeks and months this blog will detail what's happening in all these areas, as well as serving as a platform for feedback from you.