FINAL TRUE BLUE PLAQUES UNVEILED
As Everton's 100th season in the top-flight came to an end on Sunday, the last of the True Blue Plaques were unveiled at sites central to the club's early years.
Fans' Liaison Officer Graeme Sharp was on hand to reveal the plaques at Stanley Park, and the site of the Tower on Everton Brow.
In the pioneering days of St. Domingo, the club's first game
was played at Stanley Park, where they remained for three years.
For the record, St. Peter's provided the first opposition for the club on the 20 December 1879, which we won 6-0!
By 1888, crowds of over 2,000 began to watch 'Everton' on Stanley Park, so a bigger ground was needed which was found on Priory Road.
Sharpy then moved on to reveal the second plaque on Prince Rupert's Tower, which has been a feature of the district since its construction in 1787.
Originally used as a bridewell to incarcerate criminals, it still stands today on Everton Brow in Netherfield Road.
In 1938, Theo Kelly chose the tower as the most appropriate emblem to represent the district and therefore used it on a necktie he designed for the club.
It later became incorporated on to the players' shirts in 1980 - and has remained there ever since.
Indeed, the Everton 'Tower' is the masthead of the club's celebrations as the Toffees' celebrate their 125th anniversary - so it is indeed fitting that the final Blue plaque was revealed here.