Martinez: We'll Keep Looking
Boss won't rule out incomings, Heitinga could be allowed to leave.
Roberto Martinez says he will always look to strengthen while the transfer window remains open - but admits he is happy with his January business.
The Blues boss revealed, though, that he could yet allow defender John Heitinga to leave Goodison Park after acknowledging decisions over the Dutchman's future are likely to be made in the next 24 to 48 hours.
Everton have acquired winger Aiden McGeady and forward Lacina Traore in recent weeks, while striker Nikica Jelavic departed the Club to join Steve Bruce's Hull City.
The January transfer window is set to close at 11pm on Friday, and asked if he was expecting any movement, Martinez told evertontv: "Obviously we'll always work as hard as we can to try to be as strong a squad as we can be when the window closes.
"But the signing of Aiden McGeady has been a big signing for us and he's someone who is already ready to help the team.
"Lacina Traore is going to join the group this week too, and they are two significant footballers, so I'm very pleased with the numbers and the quality that we have."
Martinez had previously admitted Heitinga could be allowed to leave in search of more regular first-team football.
And the Spaniard added: "Johnny Heitinga is an issue we need [to resolve].
"I've been very open from the beginning that we had a conversation with Johnny and he will be allowed to try to play football and play minutes, and it's a bit unfair if he cannot do that with us.
"We need to find a solution and a respectful solution, because Johnny's been really influential in the level the team has achieved in his daily standards and the work he's put in on the training ground.
"If we can find an option where Johnny can play football that helps him get into the World Cup squad, that will be a fitting moment of his illustrious career.
"So that's the situation and we're going to find out [what happens] over the next 48 hours."