The Derby Discussion
Graeme Sharp and Tim Howard compare notes for evertontv.
Ahead of the forthcoming 221st meeting of Everton and Liverpool, we arranged for a derby hero of yesteryear to catch up with a man hoping this weekend to sample what would be his fourth career victory over the Reds.
Graeme Sharp, a scorer of seven derby goals in the 1980s, was at Goodison Park to sit with current first-choice goalkeeper Tim Howard and compare notes on going into battle with our cross-city rivals.
Relaxing in one of the stadium's matchday lounges, the pair discussed:
- Their favourite memories of derbies gone by
- The week-long build up to the game
- The importance of preparation and the vital role played by senior and local players
- The conflicting emotions of victory and defeat
- The double threat of Luis Suarez and Daniel Sturridge
- Tim's new counterpart glovesman, Simon Mignolet
- Why a first derby won't faze Roberto Martinez
- Why there's more than just pride at stake this time around
Tickets for the derby have long sold out but it's not too late to secure your seat for the visit of Stoke City on Saturday 30 November (3pm).
To buy, click here or call 0871 663 1878.
Alternatively, visit the Park End Box Office at Goodison Park, Everton Two in Liverpool One or TicketQuarter in Queen Square.