Sir Geoff Hurst Exclusive
World Cup hero talks Alan Ball, Brian Labone and Ross Barkley.
England World Cup hero Sir Geoff Hurst was guest of honour at Goodison Park on Saturday as Everton paid homage to football the way it used to be.
As part of the 'Retro Day' celebrations, Sir Geoff, scorer of a hat-trick in the Three Lions' 4-2 victory over West Germany in 1966, took to the pitch at half-time holding the very ball with which he smashed his history-making treble.
Beforehand the former West Ham, Stoke and West Brom striker took time out to speak exclusively to evertontv.
In the interview, you will see Sir Geoff discuss:
- His memories of playing against Everton
- Why Brian Labone and John Hurst made him shirk his playing duties for the one and only time in his career
- Playing with and against the 'great' Labone
- Alan Ball's performance in the World Cup final
- Ball's immense passion and pride at representing his country
- How the right attitude can help Ross Barkley force his way into Roy Hodgson's World Cup plans
- Why Roberto Martinez was the ideal candidate to take over at Goodison Park
Tickets for Everton's next home game against Tottenham Hotspur are now on general sale. To buy, click here or call 0871 663 1878.
Alternatively, visit the Park End box office at Goodison Park, Everton Two in Liverpool One or TicketQuarter in Queen Square.