No United Contact
Plus Martinez confirms he has made no approach for McCarthy.
Everton manager Roberto Martinez says there has been no further contact from Manchester United with regards to his players.
The Blues rejected a double offer from the Premier League champions earlier this month.
"No, there's been no other news," Martinez said on Tuesday ahead of the Club's Capital One Cup meeting with Stevenage. "I know there's going to be talk about the transfer window but that's not what we're focusing on now when we've got an important game in front of us."
Martinez did, however, admit he is working hard to identify potential signings ahead of next Monday's transfer deadline, though also added the Club was yet to make any formal bids.
He said: "What we're doing actively is trying to identify maybe another strong character that can help us in the dressing room.
"But as I've mentioned before, I'm very, very happy with the squad. We made a strong effort to bring players in really early in the window to make sure that they could adapt to the dressing room and I'm very pleased with that.
"But while the window is open, you always need to be actively looking around to see if you can get anyone to help the squad."
One player who has been widely linked with a switch to Goodison Park is Wigan's James McCarthy but Martinez clarified that media reports suggesting Everton had lodged an official approach were wide of the mark.
"There has been no bid made," he said. "I think it's quite easy to understand that James is a player I signed at a young age and I've got huge admiration for him, so it doesn't take anyone [much] to create a little bit of a story. But there has been no bid."
Tickets for Wednesday's visit of Stevenage are still available. To buy, click here or call 0871 663 1878.
Alternatively, visit the Park End Box Office at Goodison Park, Everton Two in Liverpool One or TicketQuarter in Queen Square.