Blues' Season Ticket Success
Growing number of fans heading through the Goodison turnstiles.
A growing number of Evertonians are flooding through the turnstiles at Goodison Park following impressive sales of Half Season Tickets.
Over 1,000 Blues fans secured their seat for the second half of the campaign, joining the 22,766 Season Ticket holders who have been enjoying every minute of the Blues in action since the memorable 1-0 victory against Manchester United back in August.
And together with 1,019 corporate members for the 2012/13 season, there are now almost 25,000 regular visitors to Goodison Park.
Half Season Ticket figures have shown huge increases in every section of the Goodison Park supporter base compared to the 2011/12 campaign, including:
- A giant 171 per cent increase in the number of Evertonians snapping up their first Half Season Ticket.
- This is in addition to a 116 per cent increase in the number of supporters who bought a Season Ticket for the very first time.
- A massive 152 per cent increase in the total number of Half Season Tickets sold.
- A 173 per cent increase in the number of adult Half Season Ticket holders.
- A whole new generation of Blues flocking to Goodison Park thanks to a 157 per cent increase in the number of Under-16s becoming Half Season Ticket holders.
- A 95 per cent increase in the number of 16 to 20-year-olds buying a Half Season Ticket.
- And 63 per cent more over 65s purchasing a Half Season Ticket.
Everton legend Graeme Sharp believes supporters are being rewarded in the best possible way for their loyalty this season.
He said: “The style of football has been great and supporters are coming through the turnstiles now expecting to see a good game, expecting to see a good Everton performance, expecting to see Everton win.”
Sales of Half Season Tickets may have been boosted by the Club's recent partnership with secondary ticketing company StubHub, as Season Ticket holders who are unable to attend a certain game can now sell their seat for that fixture to other supporters.