Everton manager Roberto Martinez has admitted he wants to add three attacking players and one midfielder to his first-team squad before the end of the transfer window - but insists he's willing to be patient in order to land the best possible targets.
The Blues boss strengthened earlier this month when he bagged the experienced Gareth Barry on a permanent deal, while right-back Seamus Coleman committed his long-term future to the Club in June.
Martinez reiterated he has targets in mind to further bolster his options - but stressed the importance of bringing in players who complement the current group dynamic.
"We definitely want one midfielder and three attackers," said the Toffees chief. "But it's going to be an exercise now from this point until the transfer deadline really. We've got enough time and we're not going to rush it.
"It's always about understanding that to get the squad finalised takes many decisions and many thoughts. It's not about when we bring them, it's knowing who could fit in in the roles that we need.
"There were two big aims for me this season. One, to find continuity with what we achieved last season, and that's clearly what we've been working towards with the likes of Seamus Coleman, Gareth Barry and Tony Hibbert signing new contracts.
"And, then, there are positions where we know exactly who could fit those roles and I would say since January we've been working very hard to identify those."
Martinez has been casting an eye over his existing squad in Austria this week and added: "It helps when you're working with the squad [every day] and, as I've said, the young players as well to see if they could fill some of those roles.
"Either way, we're going to make sure when the window closes we're strong enough and ready to cope with the demands of this season.
"It's an exciting window to go through."
Four of Everton's pre-season games, starting with the game at Tranmere on Tuesday, are live on evertontv. For more information and to sign up, click here.