Ross Barkley has revealed his delight at receiving a call-up to England's World Cup squad and says it would mean "everything" to play for his country in Brazil.
The 20-year-old was named in Roy Hodgson's 23-man squad on Monday afternoon alongside Everton teammates Phil Jagielka and Leighton Baines.
Blues defender John Stones was also included on a standby list of seven players.
And reacting to the news, Barkley told evertontv: "Getting picked to go is a great achievement and it would be the best thing that's happened to me to play. It would mean everything. Going over to the World Cup, everyone dreams about doing that.
"Last season, I wasn't starting games, so to come into this season and start loads of games, get the chance to get into the squad and then finally get into the squad - I'd never have dreamed of that.
"Things like this happen through hard work and I'm grateful for it."
Hodgson was at Goodison Park to see Barkley turn in a fine display against Manchester City earlier this month - one which saw him net one of seven goals this term.
The midfielder completed the campaign having made 38 first-team appearances for the Toffees and the youngster admits he was pleased by his contribution.
He also revealed Hodgson has urged him to take his all-action approach into games for his nation, adding: "When I've been away with England, he has just said I've got to focus on playing. That's the way a young lad gets better - playing on the pitch.
"He's said to keep doing what I've been doing for my club and hopefully I get the chance at the World Cup."
Watch the video above now to see Ross Barkley talk about his England call-up^.
^If you are using the Official Everton App, please navigate to the 'Video' section.