Roberto Martinez has responded to media speculation relating to Seamus Coleman.
A national newspaper claimed on Wednesday that Manchester United were in talks to sign the Republic of Ireland full-back.
But fielding the question at his press conference on Thursday morning, Martinez laughed off the suggestion and said: "It must be a different Seamus Coleman.
"We haven't had any contact with anyone. The truth is Seamus has been having a very good season and we want that to continue.
"He's becoming a very important player at Everton and will be of his national team and we want him to stay here for a long, long time."
Martinez has previously said that such transfer talk should be taken as a compliment as to how his players are performing.
And the Spaniard was again keen to reiterate his desire to strengthen his squad further in the summer, as well as retaining key personnel on new deals.
"We've got a clear strategy of how we want to keep this Club together, " he added.
"We've got a new generation coming through and we want to keep the senior players together as long as we can.
"We always work very consistently behind the scenes - everything goes accordingly to the efforts and performances of the players; it's not down to the media speculation.
"We will always be rewarding young players that do well and progress. As they change their role within the squad, it's only normal to be rewarding them."
Everton are next in action at home to Swansea on Saturday. Tickets are available here .