Gareth Barry’s arrowing left-foot strike against Norwich City was the overwhelming winner in the Club’s January goal of the month poll.
The midfielder’s 25-yard effort in front of the Park End, which set Everton on their way to a 2-0 victory over the Canaries in the first home league game of 2014, garnered nearly half of the votes.
Kevin Mirallas put the seal on the win that afternoon with a fine free-kick, and his effort finished in joint second position, alongside Seamus Coleman’s cool finish in the 4-0 FA Cup thrashing of Queens Park Rangers.
The full results and the percentages of the votes that each contender received are listed below.
1) Gareth Barry v Norwich – 49%
2) Kevin Mirallas v Norwich – 20%
2) Seamus Coleman v QPR – 20%
4) Kevin Mirallas v West Brom – 5%
5) Ross Barkley v QPR – 3%
6) John Heitinga v Stevenage – 2%
7) Magaye Gueye v Stevenage – 1%