The views on this page are taken from the local and national media and do not necessarily reflect the views of Everton.
Thursday’s newspapers link players with moves to and from Goodison Park.
In The Daily Mail, Wigan striker Arouna Kone is again mentioned as a reported target for new Blues boss Roberto Martinez. The article also says that Chelsea’s Victor Moses and Augsburg forward Sascha Molders are under consideration.
Also in The Daily Mail, Sunderland are said to be lining up an offer for Wolfsburg striker Bas Dost who was linked with Everton last summer.
The Daily Mirror claim that Arsenal are weighing up a bid for Marouane Fellaini. Gunners chief executive Ivan Gazidis said earlier this week that manager Arsene Wenger is ‘not scared to spend money, but he has to believe he is a getting a top-class player’.
The Telegraph, The Daily Express and The Sun have picked up the quotes from yesterday’s exclusive evertontv interview with Martinez who revealed that he is planning to speak to Phil Neville about his future plans.
In the Liverpool Echo, Martinez talks about his high hopes for the Everton Academy and the importance of developing players of first team quality.
The Echo also reports on Leighton Baines and Fellaini featuring in Bloomberg Sports’ compilation of the Top 50 players – a list devised according to performance statistics during last season.