THE EVERTON FOOTBALL CLUB COMPANY LIMITED
NOTICE OF GENERAL MEETING
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN, that, pursuant to a Requisition made in accordance with the provisions of section 303 Companies Act 2006 and received by the Company on 17 May 2013, a general meeting of the above named Company will be held at the Liverpool Philharmonic Hall, Hope Street, Liverpool L1 9BP on Wednesday 26 June 2013 at 6.00pm to consider the matters raised in the said Requisition namely:
BUSINESS OF THE MEETING
1. Obtaining from the Chairman and Board of Directors an explanation for their September 2008 decision to amend the Articles of Association such that Annual General Meetings need no longer be held and their reasons for not calling any General Meeting in the 5 years since.
2. Obtaining from the Board of Directors their appraisal of the financial performance of Everton Football Club Company Ltd over the past five years since the 128th and last AGM was held, specifically to answer questions from Shareholders concerning the financial performance of Everton Football Club Company Ltd over the past 5 years and to hear the Board of Directors future plans for the club.
3 . To pass a resolution, on receipt of the answers given by the board to the aforementioned questions, to require that the Directors of Everton Football Club Company Ltd amend the Articles of Association to ensure that the longstanding tradition of holding formal Annual General Meetings is permanently reinstated.
By order of the Board
Liverpool L4 4EL
7 June 2013
1. A member entitled to attend and vote at the above meeting convened may appoint one or more proxies to exercise any of his/her rights to attend, speak and vote at that meeting on his/her behalf. If a member appoints more than one proxy, each proxy must be entitled to exercise the rights attached to different shares. A proxy need not be a member of the Company.
2. A proxy may only be appointed using the procedures set out in these notes. To appoint a proxy a member must complete, sign and date a proxy form and deposit it at the registered office of the Company by 6.00pm on Monday 24 June 2013. Any power of attorney or any other authority under which the proxy form is signed (or a duly certified copy of such power or authority) must be enclosed with the proxy form.
3. In order to revoke a proxy appointment, a member must sign and date a notice clearly stating his intention to revoke his proxy appointment and deposit it at the registered office of the Company by 6.00pm on Tuesday 25 June 2013.
4. Any corporation which is a member of the Company may authorise one or more persons (who need not be a member of the Company) to attend, speak and vote at the meeting as the representative of that corporation. A certified copy of the board resolution of the corporation appointing the relevant person as the representative of that corporation in connection with the meeting must be deposited at the registered office of the Company prior to the commencement of the meeting.
5. The stock transfer books of the Company will be closed from 5pm on Friday 21 June 2013 until 9am on Friday 28 June 2013.