Moyes: I Was Ready To Say Sorry

by Mark Rowan @Everton

David Moyes admitted after Tuesday night's demoralising 0-2 defeat at Roda JC that he was on the verge of walking over to the travelling Evertonians to apologise.

After now going three games without a goal in the pre-season campaign, the Blues faithful are becoming increasingly frustrated and following a dire opening 45 minutes faint booing could be heard emanating from the away end at the Parkstad Limburg Stadion.

Moyes understands the fans' anxiety and knows that the first half display against the Eredivisie side is not what Everton supporters have become accustomed to from his team under his stewardship.

He only hopes that the positive display in the second period went some way to making up for the well below par performance earlier in the game.

"I thought the supporters were really good and I have to say that I nearly had to go and say sorry to them, especially after the way things turned out in the first half," Moyes told evertonfc.com.

"At least in the second half there was a little bit more to cheer about and it was just unfortunate that it was at the opposite end to them.

"But I have to thank them because once again they did very well for us and that has always been the case since I have been at the club."

Related Tags

Official Member, Season Ticket Holder or Lounge Member? 

Login then click HERE to check out the latest exclusive content, including The Everton Show Extra, Everton Podcast and The Ambassador Show.

evertontv

View More
  • Boss Has Been Brilliant For Me, Says Kenny
    442
  • Unsworth Detects Signs Of Blues Improvement
    154
  • Crystal Palace 2 - 2 Everton - Extended Highlights
  • Jonjoe Kenny on Crystal Palace
    343
  • Crystal Palace 2 - 2 Everton - 5 Minute Highlights
    924
  • Unsworth's Verdict
    534