|FA Prem||Sat 1||15:00||A||Wolverhampton||1||2|
|FA Prem||Sat 8||15:00||H||Bolton||1||2|
|FA Prem||Sat 15||15:00||A||Man City||1||5|
Leon Osman's debut goal within two minutes of his full debut at Wolves isn't enough to give the Blues only their second away win of the season, as they go down 1-2 against the relegation candidates.
However, Bolton's 4-1 mauling of Leeds grants the Blues another campaign in the top-flight with just two games to go.
Everton's new kit is unveiled and it is given its first airing in the game against Sam Allardyce's side at Goodison. However, it is an unhappy bow for the new design as Youri Djorkaeff's double helps the Trotters to a 1-2 victory.
Moyes reveals that David Unsworth and Tomasz Radzinski have been offered two-year deals at Everton - but both are still to sign. Meanwhile, reports suggest that the manager himself may also be offered a four-year extension.
In the last game of the season, at Manchester City, the Blues need a point to avoid finishing fourth from bottom with their lowest points total in 24 years. They lose 1-5. Moyes promises change.
"There are no words for that, it just wasn't acceptable for Everton Football Club and it hasn't been acceptable all season and now we have to do something about it," he said.
"We need a drastic change around. There are quite a lot of players we are releasing in the summer, somewhere in double figures, so we will need numbers for the squad if nothing else.
"We need to strengthen throughout the side. We have been weak in midfield but you don't always get things in the order you want so we might have to start somewhere else first."
STAT ATTACK - MAY
- Of course, Leon Osman netted his first Premiership goal for the
Blues..but the rest of the stats aren't so positive!
- The 1-5 defeat to Manchester City was the biggest final day
loss since the 0-5 reversal at Manchester United in 1960.
- Kevin Campbell's last goal before his header at Eastlands
was on the final day of the 2002/3 season.
- Since 1996, the Blues have only won one, drawn three and lost
13 of their fixtures in May.
- Everton have won only 3 of their last 30 away games in the
- In the Blues last 43 top-flight matches they have won 10, drawn
12 and lost a further 21.
- David Moyes' men have conceded 24 Premiership goals since the 21 February - and ten of those came in the last ten minutes of matches.