05/06 Everton End of Season Awards
Goodison Park played host to the inaugural Official Everton Awards on Tuesday, May 2, 2006.
Attended by hundreds of Evertonians, David Moyes and his first team squad and a host of greats from the club's illustrious past, the black-tie event sponsored by Mercedes-Benz proved a huge hit.
Hosted by Sky Sports' Rob McCaffrey and TV celebrity Claire Sweeney, those present at the Goodison Marquee saw a host of awards presented.
The biggest prize of the night was the Player of the Season gong. Thousands of supporters took part in the online poll to find the best player of the 2005/06 campaign.
The winner was Spanish playmaker Mikel Arteta, who was presented with his award by Peter Reid.
Arteta said afterwards: "This is a great honour and I am very proud and thankful. I am very happy at Everton because the people have been so welcoming."
Here is a full list of the prize winners from the night. And for more about each individual prize and the recepients, click on the links to the right.
- Player of the Season: Mikel Arteta
- Young Player of the Season: James McFadden
- Goal of the Season: James Beattie's chip against Fulham at Goodison
- Players' Player of the Season: Mikel Arteta
- Reserve Player of the Season: Victor Anichebe
- Academy Player of the Season: Scott Phelan
- Disability Player of the Season: Michael Barker
- Fan of the Year: Cathy Keig
- Ladies Player of the Season: Jodie Handley
- The Howard Kendall Award: The 1966 FA Cup winning side
- Everton Giant: Peter Reid
- The People's Club Award: Brian Labone