The Grounds of Everton
Stories of the Era
The Club's humble beginnings in the pioneering days of St. Domingo's FC began at Stanley Park. By 1882 though, crowds of over 2,000 began to watch the games, which created problems for the Club. It was then decided to rent a field off Priory Road from a Mr. J. Cruitt of Coney Green.