Midfielder Idrissa Gana Gueye will undergo a fitness test on Saturday morning to assess whether he is ready to face Manchester City. The Senegal international is doubtful with a hamstring injury.
The Blues will be without Gylfi Sigurdsson who suffered a knee injury in the win over Brighton & Hove Albion on 10 March, while James McCarthy (broken leg) and Eliaquim Mangala (knee) are long-term absentees. Ashley Williams serves the final game of a three-match suspension.
Manager Sam Allardyce has confirmed that centre-back Ramiro Funes Mori will be in the matchday squad for the first time since 18 March 2017, having worked his way back from a long-term knee injury.
Funes Mori's fellow Argentina international Sergio Aguero is again expected to miss out for City – the striker is still nursing a knee injury.
David Silva is available for Pep Guardiola’s side, however. The midfielder missed Spain’s friendly victory over Argentina on Tuesday due to personal reasons but is expected to start at Goodison Park.
League position: 9th
Past five matches
Stoke City (a) Won 2-1
Brighton & Hove Albion (h) Won 2-0
Burnley (a) Lost 2-1
Watford (a) Lost 1-0
Crystal Palace (h) Won 3-1
League position: 1st
Past five matches:
Stoke City (a) Won 2-0
FC Basel (h) Lost 2-1
Chelsea (h) Won 1-0
Arsenal (a) Won 3-0
Arsenal (n) Won 3-0
1. Wayne Rooney: 10 (=11th in Premier League)
2. Oumar Niasse: 7
3. Cenk Tosun/Dominic Calvert-Lewin/Gylfi Sigurdsson: 4
1. Dominic Calvert-Lewin: 4 (=41st in PL)
2. Gylfi Sigurdsson: 3
3. Leighton Baines/Cuco Martina/Oumar Niasse/Wayne Rooney/Theo Walcott: 2
1. Dominic Calvert-Lewin: 41 (48TH in PL)
2. Wayne Rooney/Gylfi Sigurdsson: 39
4. Oumar Niasse: 27
1. Idrissa Gana Gueye: 101 (=2nd in PL)
2. Cuco Martina: 61
3. Jonjoe Kenny/Morgan Schneiderlin: 41
1. Sergio Aguero: 21 (3rd in PL)
2. Raheem Sterling: 15
3. Gabriel Jesus/Leroy Sane/David Silva: 8
1. Kevin De Bruyne: 14 (1st in PL)
2. Leroy Sane: 11
3. David Silva: 9
1. Sergio Aguero: 93 (3rd in PL)
2. Kevin De Bruyne: 76
3. Raheem Sterling: 65
1. Nicolas Otamendi: 52 (=34th in PL)
2. Kevin De Bruyne/Fernandinho: 51
4: Kyle Walker: 43
ONE TO WATCH: Leroy Sane
The 22-year-old German winger has been a revelation since joining City from Schalke 04 in 2016.
His electric pace and close control have dazzled this season and, with eight goals and 11 assists to his name, he has shown he’s got the end product to match.
MAN IN THE MIDDLE: Paul Tierney
Premier League games refereed this season: 11
Yellow cards issued: 31
Red cards issued: 0
Average yellow cards per game: 2.8