home team
Charsley (33') Bainbridge (46') Dyson (50', 76') Walsh (58')
away team
Charsley (33') Bainbridge (46') Dyson (50', 76') Walsh (58')
Saturday 21 February 2015, 11:00
  • 5
  • 10
  • 15
  • 20
  • 25
  • 30
  • 35
  • 40
  • 45
  • 50
  • 55
  • 60
  • 65
  • 70
  • 75
  • 80
  • 85
  • 90
  • Everton U18
  • Charsley 33'
  • Bainbridge 46'
  • Dyson 50'
  • Walsh 58'
  • Dyson 76'
  • Liverpool U18
  • Alexander-Arnold 12'
Min By Min

Starting XI - Everton U18: Charsley, Stanek, Yates, Robinson, Graham, Bainbridge, Walsh, Donohue, Davies, Dyson, Broadhead Liverpool U18: Will appear here shortly

  • Stanek
  • Robinson
  • Graham
  • Bainbridge
  • Yates
  • Broadhead
  • Walsh
  • Davies
  • Donohue
  • Dyson
  • Charsley
Everton U18 Liverpool U18
Stanek 2
Charsley (c) 1
Yates 3
Robinson 4
Graham 5
Bainbridge 6
Walsh 7
Donohue 8
Davies 9
Dyson 10
Broadhead 11
Holland 12
Edge 13
Everton Under-18s returned to winning ways by thrashing Liverpool at Finch Farm on Saturday morning.

Goals from Harry Charsley, Jack Bainbridge, Liam Walsh and a brace from Calum Dyson earned the young Blues a thoroughly deserved victory over their Merseyside rivals.

The young Blues nearly got off to the perfect start within two minutes when Thomas Davies was found unmarked in the box, but the midfielder couldn’t generate enough power with his header and didn’t trouble Andrew Firth in the visitor’s goal.

Everton, however, were dictating proceedings and Walsh, who was at the heart of everything throughout the match, set up Dyson twice in quick succession, only for the striker to see both his efforts go straight at Firth.

Liverpool's first real glimpse of goal didn't arrive until 23 minutes and, even then, Wade Maxwell’s effort was struck well wide.

Just 10 minutes later, the Blues took the lead. Walsh picked out Michael Donohue on the right-hand side and the winger cleverly beat his defender before finding Dyson in the box. Firth saved the striker’s headed effort but he could only palm the ball into the path of Charsley, and the Irish midfielder tapped in from five-yards out.

Everton continued to control the game and got a second goal just on half-time - with Walsh again involved. It was his in-swinging corner that found Bainbridge unmarked and he slotted the ball home to double the Toffees' lead.

The Blues, now playing against the wind, started the second half just like the first and, within five minutes of the restart, the game was beyond Liverpool’s reach. Winger Donohue beat his defender and found Dyson in the box, who this time nodded past the keeper to put his side 3-0 up.

Everton were simply outplaying the Reds and, on the hour mark, it was 4-0 after a well-worked goal. Hitting the visitors on the break, Donohue found Charsley, who played in Walsh with a brilliant pass on the turn, and Walsh raced through and calmly slotted past Firth to get himself the goal his performance deserved.

The scoring was then completed when left-back Antonee Robinson, starting deep in his own half, skipped through a number of challenges before playing a throughball to Dyson. The forward took one touch to get the ball out of his feet and fired low into the corner to get his second of the game.

With Roberto Martinez watching on, the young Blues created further chances in the dying minutes but it remained at five - and coach Paul Tait was understandably thrilled with the result.

"I’m delighted," he told evertonfc.com. "From the first minute, we set the tone for the game. The football was different class in the first half.

"In truth, it could have been seven, eight or nine. But that was the pleasing thing, that we got the five goals.

"Sometimes if you dominate possession, at any level, not just at academy level, sometimes you're not going anywhere and you’re not threatening the goal. But that was the real plus point today, that we were so clinical."

The Under-18s are next in action on Saturday 28 February when they travel to Stoke City.