Meeting Report - May 2016

 

Meeting:

Everton Fans’ Forum meeting

Date:

Thursday 26 May, 2016

Venue:

Brian Labone Lounge, Goodison Park

Present:

Forum members – Nick Mernock (NM), Robert Eagleton (REA), Lisa Vaughan (LV), Peter Dodd (PD), Bill Carr (BC), Gary Evans (GE), Kevin Smith (KS), Annemarie Harper (AH), Jeanette Salmon (JS), Lewis Owen (LO).

Club representatives – Richard Kenyon (RK), Christine Prior (CP), Mo Maghazachi (MM), Oliver Wright (OW).

Apologies:

Jason Howard (JH), Steve Jones (SJ), Gill Derbyshire (GD), Rachel Meikle (RM), Brian Doogan (BD).

Actions from Previous meeting  

ACTION: Fans’ Forum members to discuss the Fan Zone at the next matchday experience project group meeting and email feedback to JT.

RESPONSE: Item will be on the agenda for the next matchday experience group meeting.

ACTION:  Fans’ Forum members to email AJ with additional ideas for a summer event and discuss further at the events project group meeting.

RESPONSE: AJ attended an events project group meeting to discuss the summer event and put forward additional ideas. The members asked AJ to send the event document to the group.

ACTION: CP to liaise with CB regarding a date for the Fans’ Forum to visit Fanatics offices.

RESPONSE: The meeting has been scheduled for Thursday 14 July. The group also discussed visiting the Umbro offices.

ACTION: NM will liaise with Fans Supporting Foodbanks to confirm logistics and support required for the Bournemouth and Norwich fixtures.

RESPONSE: The Foodbank appeal has been successful at both fixtures and NM passed on his thanks to the members of the Forum who volunteered their time on a matchday.

1

Hospitality

NM welcomed Head of Hospitality and Sales, Oliver Wright to the meeting. Oliver recently joined the Club and attended the Forum to answer any questions and inform the group of the plans for corporate hospitality in 2016/17.

KS, who is a lounge member, raised an issue he has had when trying to purchase away tickets. The group discussed the process and suggested improvements in the communication of ticket news for corporate members. OW updated the group on plans to create a new members section on evertonfc,com, where lounge members could access information on tickets, events and any other news related to their memberships.

OW confirmed hospitality sales to date have surpassed sales of 2015/16 and informed the Forum how the structure of the team will change to focus on bringing in new memberships in addition to maintaining relationships with existing lounge members.

The group discussed off-site matchday hospitality and the possibility of using venues that are closer to Goodison Park. OW confirmed he has explored additional options and ultimately, the capacity of the venue is the key consideration to make the offering cost-effective.

2

Stadium branding project

RK presented a new branding project to the group. This included proposed changes to the exterior and interior branding of Goodison Park for the 2016/17 season.

The group gave positive feedback but raised the importance of the communication of the project to the wider fan base. The group discussed further consultation with supporters and residents who live in the areas surrounding Goodison Park.

The group will continue with the concourse branding project throughout the summer, and discussed ideas for the second phase.

ACTION: CP to set up branding project meeting for Thursday 2 June to discuss phase two of concourse branding.

3

The Holy Trinity statue

RK updated the group on progress with the Holy Trinity statue project. Sculptor Tom Murphy is currently working on the maquette for the statue and Alan Bowen, Everton’s Head of Stadium Operations, is working with the architect to secure planning permission for the potential location. Both Tom and Alan will attend the June meeting to provide an update and discuss the next stages of the project.

4

End of Season Awards

KS expressed his disappointment regarding the handling of the cancellation of the End of Season Awards, and stated that the decision to cancel the event should have been announced earlier. RK stated that the Club felt it would have been inappropriate for the planned celebration with players and coaching staff to go ahead in the circumstances. 

RE praised the decision to give the food from the event to local charities and organisations.

5

Terms of reference

The group discussed the terms of reference for the Fans’ Forum and how they are communicated to the wider fan base.

GE has reviewed the FAQs and will make the amends recommended in the group discussion. Once these are updated GE will send them to the group and they will be published on the Fans’ Forum webpage.

AOB

Boxing at Goodison Park

SJ was unable to attend the Forum but raised concerns via email regarding the catering for the boxing match taking place at Goodison Park on Sunday 29 May. MM confirmed he had raised the concerns with Sodexo, who will manage the catering operation for the event and a full response has now been given.

 

evertontv

View More
  • Crystal Palace 2 - 2 Everton - Extended Highlights
    0
  • Jonjoe Kenny on Crystal Palace
    79
  • Crystal Palace 2 - 2 Everton - 5 Minute Highlights
    0
  • Unsworth's Verdict
    60
  • Oumar Niasse on Crystal Palace
    85
  • Unsworth Urging Blues To Be Brave Against Palace
    406