Goodison Park’s 1878 Lounge was utilised by Everton Traineeships on Wednesday 29 July as Simply Networking held one of its ‘no nonsense’ events.
Over 40 businesses had representatives at the home of the Blues, with the traineeship programme accommodating the event, which enabled like-minded businesses the chance to interact in an informal manner.
Following some light refreshments and introduction from Simply Networking’s Mark Greenwood and Everton Traineeships’ Employer Consortium manager, the networking began in earnest, with attendees free to come and go as they please.
Attendees, who are also existing members of the Everton Traineeship Consortium, were also afforded the exclusive opportunity to display their own company branding at the event free of charge.
Staff from the initiative also wasted little time in doing their own networking to promote the programme, ran in partnership with Ingeus, that offers young people from across the region access to qualifications and employment.
“Goodison Park is such a fantastic venue to hold events such as these,” said Mark Greenwood, Simply Networking’s Managing Director. “The occasions we hold are business focus but we like to do them in a more informal environment, and you can’t get any better than a football ground like Goodison.
“Everyone seems to have enjoyed themselves, which is what we try and do with these events. One of the strap lines for Simply Networking is: ‘Let’s do business with a smile.’
“I think there is a lot of synergy with the business community meeting up in an informal manner to discuss all manner of topics,” he continued. “It is also great that it benefits Everton in the Community, Simply Networking and all those that attended.”
Specifically targeting those between the ages of 16-24 from across the Merseyside area, the programme focuses on providing its learners with the transferable skills needed to secure an apprenticeship, training or employment. As well as offering a high quality work experience placement to a young person, there are also a number of other business benefits to those who do join the consortium including:
• A nationally recognised certificate in mentoring a colleague for a nominated member of staff
• A chance to inject new ideas and enthusiasm into your workforce
• Public recognition of your involvement on the official website of Everton in the Community as well as its media channels
• Align your brand with Everton in the Community and Ingeus
• Access to a young, fresh, local talent-pool of individuals with a ‘can-do’ attitude
• Receive support with the trainee throughout their work experience placement from our highly trained staff
• Enjoy access to invaluable networking opportunities
• Get to give something back to the local community
• Provide a big boost to Core Social Responsibility standing within the local community
For further information on the Everton Traineeship Consortium, or for any other aspects of the initiative, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0151 530 5277.