The purpose of our charity is to deliver a service that is rated as “best in class” by our participants, funders and community partners. A service that is recognised as highly successful in making a significant social contribution; changing lives and providing opportunities for all participants, particularly the most hard-to-reach and hard-to-help members of society.
Everton in the Community must be ambitious, dynamic and agile if it is to become the charity of first choice for donors, sponsors and grant-awarding bodies.
‘To be the most effective charity, both nationally and internationally, that uses sport as a tool to identify and support vulnerable people and help to change lives for the better.’
Everton in the Community works in partnership with many individuals and organisations on a local, national and international level. Through the use of a comprehensive variety of sporting and social opportunities, Everton in the Community states that:
‘Through the positive promotion of sport, physical activity and the brand of Everton Football Club, we are committed to providing high quality, accessible participant and development opportunities that positively change lives and bring enjoyment to our communities.'
OUR STRATEGIC AIMS
• To win the hearts and minds of our local communities, allowing people to get closer to Everton Football Club.
• To utilise the power of sport to motivate, educate and inspire our local communities.
• To be a pioneer of change at the forefront of sport and community development.
WHO WE SUPPORT
We invest in a responsible and sustainable way, addressing the key social issues where we can have the greatest impact and helping the most vulnerable people. We have an inclusive approach to our work and support people of all ages, gender, ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds.
We help people who are in the greatest need and who face the toughest challenges, including the ‘hard-to-reach’ and ‘hard-to-help’ members of society.
We provide life-changing opportunities particularly for young people, aiming to give them a fresh start in life and opportunities to grow, develop and become active and engaged members of society.
We support and improve the lives of over 20,000 people every year.
WHERE WE INVEST
We are committed to acting responsibly and investing in the communities in which we operate to deliver a positive social and environmental impact. The work that we undertake is dependent on the social need in that area and the local provision that already exists.
• We recognise our responsibility towards the immediate community in which Everton Football Club operates, and so we direct specific support via our Neighbourhood team to the immediate vicinity of Goodison Park, ‘The Blue Mile’. We have developed a specific Neighbourhood strategy to support our work in this area.
• Our support extends across the city of Liverpool, including the local wards of Everton, Walton, Anfield and Kirkdale, as well as extending our reach into the remaining four boroughs of Merseyside: Knowsley, St Helens, Sefton and the Wirral.
• We deliver programmes on behalf of the Premier League and share our knowledge and expertise with other Premier League clubs across the country.
• Finally, we also operate internationally and deliver a number of programmes overseas in support of our Premier League commitments. In addition, where we feel the opportunity is right, we also share our knowledge and best practice overseas.