Next Match:

Ticket Info

v Chelsea

Saturday 30 August K.O. 17:30

Meeting Report - June 2013

Meeting Title:

Fans' Forum

Meeting Venue:

Goodison Park, Brian Labone Lounge.

Meeting Date:

20/06/13

Time:

6 - 8:30pm

Attendees:

Tony Bott, Kathy Keig, James Lyon, Phil O'Rourke, Amy Wilson, Ruth Eardley, Dorothy Carlin, Martin Malone, Alan Rawlinson, Paul Gabbutt, Brian Scorgie, Christine Prior, Mark Rowan, Dave Biggar, Dave Lewis, Jim Fantozzi.

 

ITEM/ACTION

1.Actions from April meeting

1.1  ACTION: Forum to give Club update on Football Supporters Federation

RESPONSE: Item placed on the agenda

 

2. Buy a brick presentation

JF presented the Forum members with five possible options for moving the Dixie Dean statue back to its original location, incorporating fan plaques to the area and making the statue a focal point at the stadium. The options presented were developed based on feedback from Forum members at previous meetings. MR stated that this will be a Forum-led project and has been since the initial planning stages.

JF outlined the additional options of lighting and number of plaques that could be used and the possibility of gates being used behind the area to make it an entrance to the matchday Fan Zone. The Club hope to transform the area into a welcoming, visitor-friendly attraction.

Several Forum members stated that it is more important to supporters that the project is completed to a high standard regardless of time scale. 

BS presented three of his own proposals to the Forum. JF welcomed the suggestions and confirmed that they will be provided to the design team for further development. DB stated that all suggestions are welcome from Forum members.

JF asked members to take away the options presented, consult their representative fan groups and bring all feedback to the next meeting. The group also discussed the option of further fan consultation and the possible use of the Club website to gather further feedback. 

ACTION: Forum members to send any designs to Jim before next meeting.

ACTION: CP to bring all alternative options to members meeting in July.

3. EDSA Park End Issue

Dave Lewis (Head of Stadium Security) explained to the Forum that he has received a complaint from a representative of EDSA regarding supporters' standing on the Park End apron, restricting the view of members on matchday. The Club put a procedure in place at the QPR fixture but this has caused counter complaints by Park End Season Ticket holders. DL asked the Forum for advice on the matter so that the Club can compromise with a fan-led solution. TB suggested that a "yellow box area" similar to a traffic junction could be a user friendly solution, be easily manageable and would rely on personal awareness to resolve the problem.

Members provided feedback for DL and will also gather any other feedback from their fan groups.

ACTION: Update on issue to be given at the next meeting.

4. Flares

JL raised the issue of the increase in flares being used by Everton supporters at away fixtures.

DL presented examples of flares to the Forum. DL outlined the various security procedures put in place by the Club to detect flares being carried by supporters. The Club reserve the right to take action against any supporter in possession of a flare and DL confirmed four bans have been issued. DL also stated that due to contact from the FA  if current procedures do not have the desired impact, the Club will continue to increase security measures, including the possibility of introducing sniffer dogs at turnstiles.

 

5. Future of the Forum

TB informed Club officials of key points raised at the first meeting of the Forum held without representatives from the Club.

The members outlined the steps that they wish to take to become a more independent forum. The group discussed member's only meetings, use of social media, meeting notes, engagement with other forums and the opportunity to invite a guest supporter into the forum on an ad-hoc basis.

MR confirmed the Club will support the Forum and will assist with additional exposure of the Fans Forum through Club channels, where appropriate.

ACTION: MR to prepare three different twitter profile designs for the Forum to consider and promotion plan.

6. Football Supporters' Federation

This will be discussed at the meeting on 4th July.

7. Lighting the Tower/ William Cuff

As stated in previous meetings, the Forum will work together with the club on a number of projects throughout the season. MR explained two future projects that the Club would like the Forum to lead on to ensure supporters are at the heart of decisions taken.

William Cuff Memorial - MR confirmed to the group the Club are assisting in a new memorial. MR suggested that the Forum should represent the club in this project working with the Heritage Society.

Lighting Prince Rupert's Tower - After the successful ‘Turn the City Blue' Christmas campaign in 2012, the Club were contacted by Liverpool City Council about working in partnership to permanently light the tower blue. MR wants the Forum to own this project on behalf of the Club and consult the wider fan base for feedback.

ACTION: AC to act as Fans' Forum representative and meet with MR to discuss projects further.

8. Everton Perception

MR explained to the Forum that the PR team are currently working on next season's plan to tell the story of Everton.

To help the Club with their strategy he asked for assistance and feedback from the Forum. The Forum were asked to consult their fan groups and ask the following question

  • What does Everton mean to you?

ACTION: Feedback to be sent to CP to collate.

9. Finch Farm

Forum raised the agenda item as it was the most popular topic being discussed by their fan groups.

Robert Elstone made statement on the official Club website stating how he was unhappy with the media portrayal of the recent deal with Liverpool City Council.

MR confirmed that the Liverpool Echo have assured the Club that they will run an article to clarify the situation and apologise for the inaccuracies in the report.

AOB

1.1  Ex-Player information

AR received a suggestion from a supporter of displaying former player information on the official website. MR confirmed the Club frequently run features on former players and will pass feedback to the web team.

1.2  Christmas Merchandise

JL asked for an update on Christmas merchandise. DB confirmed a Kitbag representative will attend the August meeting with examples of different products.

1.3  Away Ticket Allocations

JL suggested that before away tickets go on general sale there should be a priority period for those supporters who have attended home fixtures at Goodison Park. DB confirmed he will discuss the feedback and provide an update at the next meeting.

1.4  Season Ticket Update

KK asked Club for update on Season Ticket sales. DB informed the group that sales for every Season Ticket category have increased compared to this point in the previous season. The Club are holding a second ‘Blue Seat day' on Saturday 13 July for supporters, which should hopefully increase sales further.

1.5  Season Ticket brochure

JL stated he had received a request from a member of the Rice Lane Supporters' Club for the Club to consider a smaller and more simple Season Ticket brochure. DB confirmed that due to timing the Season Ticket brochure for 2013/14 has already been produced but this feedback will be taken in to consideration for future seasons.

1.6  Everton Two/Ticket Quarter sales

JL reported that fans have informed him that ticket transactions take longer in Everton Two and the Ticket Quarter than at the Fan Centre at Goodison and asked if there was a reason for this. DB stated they have received no complaints of this nature and all ticket sales are done from the same system so transaction time should be the similar. DB also confirmed that Everton Two and Ticket Quarter outlets are working well and have achieved the target that was initially set out by the Club.

DB informed the group that Print at Home ticket failure rate was still above the industry standard and further work needs to be done to resolve this issue.

1.7  Nike/New Kits

DB informed the group that the launch of the home kit will take place on 27 June and can be purchased from 24 July. DB added that the Club intend to release the away kit in August and the third kit in September.

1.8  Pre-Season

Group discussed further pre-season fixtures and possible dates. DB confirmed the Club are hoping to secure a home pre-season friendly and will announce once all details have been confirmed.

 

StubHub

StubHub

Everton Season Ticket holders can list their seat for any Barclays Premier League game that they can’t attend on StubHub, the Official Ticket Marketplace

Find out more
Match Highlights Archive

Match Highlights Archive

Watch highlights from classic and recent Everton games on evertontv.

Find out more
2014/15 Season Tickets

2014/15 Season Tickets

All the information you could need about securing your seat at Goodison.

Find out more
Shop Online

Shop Online

Buy Everton merchandise on our online store.

Find out more
History Timeline

History Timeline

A quick visual walk through Everton's rich and fascinating history.

Find out more

This site uses cookies. Click here to learn more.