The Aim Of The Academy
The ultimate aim of the Everton Youth Academy is to support the needs of the first team manager and provide players for his Premier League squad.
The Academy will:
- Maintain a seasonal average of four Academy developed players* nominated for every first team competitive match.**
- Develop a minimum of one player per season who makes a debut in a competitive game.
The Academy will achieve the above by:
- Maintaining and improving the player support systems.
- Maximising the financial return on Academy developed players.
What is the Everton Way?
The Everton Way is an Elite Player Development Programme, also referred to as the four P's:
- The People - the players, the staff and the parents. Everyone associated with the Everton Youth Academy understands the role that they play within our programme.
- The Place - Finch Farm is not only a world class facility but it supports our desire to create an outstanding learning environment.
- The Programme - All aspects of a player's development are catered for: Technical, Physical, Physiological, Mental, Social and Intellectual.
- The Pathway - All players registered with our Academy know what is expected of them in order to reach their potential. At the Everton Youth Academy we have a pathway from eight years of age to the first team.
* Any player registered with the programme in or before his Under 16 Academic school year, ie. 16 years of age on or before 1 September each year.
** All first team matches excluding 'friendly matches'.