Promising Youngster to Professional Player
6-8 Years - The Age of Fun
- No registration forms are signed
- Trial basis only
- Fun football
- Young players are prepared to join 'The Everton Way'
9-11 Years - The Age of Preparation
- Players sign for one year only
- Players informed in April whether they will be retained or released
- Techniques are worked upon
- 8v8 match programme
- Young players are now on 'The Everton Way'
12-16 Years - The Age of Development
- Players sign for a minimum of two years
- Players can be asked to sign further extensions to their registrations
- Players in year 11 will be informed by January of that year whether they have gained an Academy Scholarship
- Period of technical, tactical, physical and mental development
- 11v11 match programme
- Young players are firmly on 'The Everton Way'
16-19 Years - The Age of Competition
- Players sign an Academy Scholarship - usually for two years
- Full-time football development with a minimum of 12 hours education per week
- Academy League programme for matches
- Academy scholars will be informed by February of year two whether they have gained a professional contract
- Preparation for life as a full-time professional
- The importance of being a winner
- A select number of players will be offered a professional contract
- Professional forms can be signed only on the player's 17th birthday or after
- The final stages on 'The Everton Way' before hopefully joining the senior squads
Please remember: If any player is released it is not the end of the world. Everton Football Club will work hard to find a new club for him if he wishes.